Available to Admins or Authorized Users
Onpipeline offers a highly customizable approach to sales process management. Default fields are included for deals and contacts, but custom fields can also be created to document company-specific information. These fields can be used for organization and filtering.
You can create unlimited custom fields in
With custom fields you will be able to add additional information from external sources like your billing system, or any other source.
If you sell to individuals and don’t want to link them to an Organization (Account), you could add an address field to the Persons database. For example you can add a textarea (see field types below). An example of the output on the person page:
How to set a Custom Field
In order to create fields, just go to settings, click on custom fields, select the “Custom Fields” tab and click on “Add new field”.
When you create a custom field you will choose the table to apply the field to, and (very important) the field type. Please be advised that you can edit the field name at any time, but you won’t be allowed to change the field type later.
If you are importing contact data from a file pay attention to where you will put the custom fields (Table). Whether they are fields of the organization (account) or they are fields of the person. Normally geographic data is appropriate (but certainly not mandatory) to enter them in the organization’s database.
Although in most cases the “text” field is suitable for data entry needs, below is a description of the possible types you can apply.
- Text: Normal input field.
- Textarea: Expanded text field (i.e. a shot description).
- Dropdown: It will show a dropdown menu for the given values.
- Checkbox: Checkboxes field with multiple selectable values.
- Number: Input field for numbers
- Email: Input field for an email address
- Phone: Input field for a phone number
- Date: Select a date.
- Time: Select a time/hour.
- Organization: Shows a dropdown/search with your Organizations.
- Person: Shows a dropdown/search with your Contact Persons.
- User: Shows a dropdown/search with your Users.
Custom fields will appear in deals, persons and contacts on the left side.
Custom Fields can be updated via API.