* Available to Admins or Authorized Users *
We know that some customers need extra fields to meet their company’s needs. If you need more fields please know you can customize your database at anytime!
You can create unlimited custom fields in
With custom fields you will have more information to classify your deals and contacts, and/or you will be able to add additional information from external sources like your billing system, or any other source.
If you sell to individuals, Onpipeline can be a B2C CRM. You just need to add the address to the Persons database. For example you can add a textarea for the address (see field types below). An example of the output on the person page:
How to set a Custom Field
In order to create fields, just go to settings, click on custom fields, select the “Custom Fields” tab and click on “Add new field”.
When you create a custom field you will choose the table to apply the field to, and (very important) the field type. Please be advised that you can edit the field name at anytime, but you won’t be allowed to change the field type later.
Although in most cases the “text” field is suitable for data entry needs, below is a description of the possible types you can apply.
- Text: Normal input field.
- Textarea: Expanded text field (i.e. a shot description).
- Dropdown: It will show a dropdown menu for the given values.
- Checkbox: Checkboxes field with multiple selectable values.
- Number: Input field for numbers
- Email: Input field for an email address
- Phone: Input field for a phone number
- Date: Select a date.
- Time: Select a time/hour.
- Organization: Shows a dropdown/search with your Organizations.
- Person: Shows a dropdown/search with your Contact Persons.
- User: Shows a dropdown/search with your Users.
Custom fields will appear in deals, persons and contacts on the left side.
Custom Fields can be updated via API.